[Cialug] Starting an LLC

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at mchsi.com
Thu Sep 11 19:39:09 CDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: cialug-bounces at cialug.org [mailto:cialug-bounces at cialug.org] On Behalf
Of Colin Burnett
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:45 PM
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group
Subject: [Cialug] Starting an LLC

I remember this coming up at a recent meeting but I don't remember who
it was.  What do you need to do to start an LLC?

Colin

1. An accountant
2. A lawyer and/or an attorney who knows what to do with a startup
3. NEVER!! Have relatives work for you or make any of them a partner in the
Business.

I made one brother a manager and the other VP, but this was long after the
business was started. If I would have done all this from the start things
may have turned out differently. The brother that was the manager and his
girl friend decided to run things the way they wanted to. To make a long
story short, they got the money, I got the bills, and lost my house and
business in the process.
-dh