[Cialug] Starting an LLC

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Sep 11 19:20:55 CDT 2008

I'll be the dissenting voice here. If all you need is an LLC it's not rocket science.  Picking the right corporate structure is the hardest part.  LLC's and SCORP's are things you can generally manage on your own with the help from a good accountant.  Hiring an attorney for an LLC is a waste of hard earned money.  For an SCORP it is a bit more justifiable but I really feel the key is a good accountant.  Unlike attorneys accountants can often save you money in the long term to cover the cost of their work.

--Tony