[Cialug] Request for Assistance.

Theron Conrey theron.conrey at dice.com
Wed Sep 10 18:05:11 CDT 2008

I got an email today from a guy in Dallas:

Hello Mr. Conrey,

I got your name from the Central Iowa LUG web site.

I am a Linux enthusiast from the Dallas area. I have set up an Ubuntu system for my in-laws in Perry, Iowa. My dad-in-law is having email trouble with his computer. He also does not install updates. I'm not sure what is going on but I will probably not get up there until Christmas.

I need someone to go to his house and check what is wrong. I'm willing to pay an hourly rate. Is there someone from your LUG that you can recommend? Obviously it would help a lot if they are near Perry.

Thanks for your consideration,

Ed Leach

I'm leaving this weekend for a week or I'd head up there myself. So, is anyone in or around perry who would be willing to assist?  Karma points if you don't charge this guy money.  However if you're flush with Karma have at it.  I'll run as the middleman so we don't flood this guy with email, so please let me know via the list who can help.

Thanks,
Theron