[Cialug] Neat Tool: ROM-o-matic.net

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Sat Sep 6 22:06:01 CDT 2008

Jim,

No, I have not, but I have also generally avoided the typical
"streaming" solutions.  I have rather varied tastes in music, and tend
to build playlists in the moment.  Thus, simple systems like
XMMS/BMP/XFMedia work better than the systems that require me to build
streams or maintain multiple databases.

LTSP is pretty much perfect for my needs, as I get the ability to play
music and also get the normal Linux tools wherever I am.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Jim Cole" <jrcole at gmail.com> 09/06/08 9:42 PM >>>
Josh, have you ever looked at Subsonic for your music system? *
http://subsonic.sourceforge.net/

*It's the best I've seen at streaming music.

-Jim