[Cialug] Mbox to maildir conversion

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Sat Sep 6 20:39:54 CDT 2008

I managed to convert some mbox stuff to maildir. Thanks everyone for your pointers.

I have one remaining question.  My mbox stuff had folders.  When I converted it, the folders seemed to have gone.  (they were not recreated).  The mbox format doesn't seem to accommodate folders, so how were they done?  They must have been in the imap server somehow.

I'm still googling for information on the mailbox format, but I'd welcome any hints on this.

Thanks.

-Nate