[Cialug] Neat Tool: ROM-o-matic.net

Dave Crouse crouse at usalug.net
Sat Sep 6 20:23:14 CDT 2008

I remember setting up K12LTSP 4.0 ( Fedora based) in 2003, I posted a
how to on that, and had to use http://www.rom-o-matic.net/5.2.2/
(link is dead now) to get a 3com509tpo ethernet card to boot from
floppy as it had a bios that didn't have a PXE option.  I used LTSP
for a year or so before moving on (finally got a few more faster
computers).

Here is the link to that ancient how to I wrote years ago, in case
anyone wants to see it ;)
http://usalug.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1284

But yes, the http://rom-o-matic.net/ proved to be a lifesaver for a
couple of my machines.