[Cialug] Request for Linux on an XBox

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Sat Sep 6 19:59:39 CDT 2008

I just got this email.  If anyone wants to commit to helping William at
the InstallFest, let me know so I can let him know.

------

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.cialug.org from:
William Schwartz <gcyrano at sluggy.net>

I wanted to come to the Installfest on the twentieth of this month, but
first I wanted to confirm that you can, in fact, help me convert to
Linux.

The hardware I wish to convert is an Xbox model 1.6. I've tried
searching the Internet for help, but everything I find is just way over
my head- all I want is an Xbox that can also function as a normal
computer. The only techniques I've found for converting a 1.6 Xbox model
in this way are too complex and I'm just not good enough with computers
to do it myself.

So, can your club help me out? If I show up at the Installfest with my
Xbox, will I leave the Studio with an Xbox capable of functioning like a
normal computer?

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701