[Cialug] Moving Linux from one disk to another

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:57:31 CDT 2008

You can use the DD method, I think. I know you can resize ext2 and ext3
with ext2resize -- ext3 just takes a bit of fiddling. I do not recall if
I had to use parted, or if that was due to the fact that we were trying
various methods out.

I have seen a non-destructive resize done, however.

Additionally, you might bust be able to cp over the data with the
preserve ownership and permissions arguments and swap the disks.

Jeff