[Cialug] Mbox to maildir conversion

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Sep 4 15:59:36 CDT 2008

I think that mb2md (or a predecessor) is what I used when I did this
back in 2001.  It worked just fine then.

Then again, that was quite some time ago.  Either way, file-based tools
should work fine.  I think an IMAP hack would introduce to many other
variables.  It would also make your transfer as fast as TCPIP sockets
instead at near disk IO speeds.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> Tom Pohl <tom at tcpconsulting.com> 09/04/08 3:55 PM >>>
When I converted years ago, I used a script that looked like the one
named mbox2maildir on this page:
http://home.uninet.ee/~ragnar/2md/

BUT doing some googling, this script looks pretty good (mb2md) :
http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

-Tom