[Cialug] KDE 4?

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Wed Sep 3 10:35:08 CDT 2008

I didn't like that Dolphin had single-click to open set as the default.
Once I changed that setting (which is under KDE's Mouse settings, BTW),
it was OK. I do like the "+" icon to select files thing - it's still
active even after you turn off the single-click mode. It gives you the
equivalent of being able to ctrl-click to select multiple files, without
having to hit ctrl. Think of all the time & energy you'll save. ;)

So far I'm liking KDE 4.1 (and Mandriva 2009) pretty well.

I hadn't really used the nvidia-settings utility, until I used it this
weekend to set up two monitors. It's pretty slick being able to do that,
and it has a button to update  your xorg.conf, so you can set up
multiple monitors, adjust the resolution and positions, set which is
primary, all without having to manually edit the conf.

-dc