[Cialug] Ubuntu release & sour grapes blogging

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Fri Oct 31 17:28:50 CDT 2008

Really the main "downside" I've seen to KDE 4.x is the "no icons on the
desktop" thing, which you can turn off somewhere. It really hasn't
bothered me that much - you can just drop a desktop folder widget on
your desktop and have icons there if that's what you want.

I've read a couple of review where the author was just vehemently
against KDE 4.x... not sure what their beef is, some people just don't
like change. Most distros will allow you to choose to run KDE 3.x if
you'd like (or Gnome, or whatever). I think if a couple of old timers
like Tim and I can handle it, then most users should be OK with it.
Maybe we should wait and see what Bryan, Morris and Ralph have to say on
KDE 4. ;)

-dc