[Cialug] Free Codeweavers - did it work?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Oct 31 14:15:44 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 1:16 PM, David Champion <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:
> FYI: I got my Codeweavers activation serial number today...

It will be very interesting to hear how this stunt affects them. Did
they lose customers for a year by giving away the 1 year support
package to those customers who were considering buying, did people who
wouldn't have bought anyway download it and try it for a year and then
not use it or will the publicity attract real paying customers?

Guessing by the "lame duck" website (which looks quite polished and
well designed) this was not an accidental situation.

Recently they started offering a Mac version. I wonder how much of
their business is mac. Too many questions I guess. I like their
product (I purchased crossover office a while back) and hope they
succeed.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode