[Cialug] Re: email problems - followup

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Oct 20 11:20:59 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Jonathan C. Bailey
<jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us> wrote:
> As a side note, I believe Google has an SPF record for the gmail domain, so if you use that setup, you have to use your gmail address as your outbound address (or possibly get it rejected as spam).

No, it but it does rewrite the address in the "Sender" header to use
your gmail address. From and reply-to stay the same which is what most
people see but some email clients show the Sender header.

Google apps for your domain may mitigate this.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode