[Cialug] Meta Users Group

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Sun Oct 19 14:19:36 CDT 2008

Forwarding from Luke Amdor:

-----
Hello all,

The purpose of this email is two fold.

The first is to inform you (if you didn't know already) of the formation
of the Des Moines Meta User Group (
http://groups.google.com/group/des-moines-meta-user-group ). It's
purpose is to: increase participation amongst user groups, cross
pollinate groups and
introduce people to other user groups, and to add
variety/diversification to user group communities. Please join and help
us accomplish our goals.

The second is the creation of a shared calendar listing the times and
locations of the local user groups. I have published at
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ptepa42l9ueh3u51tlg9v3mims%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicagoand
the iCal/ics feed at
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ptepa42l9ueh3u51tlg9v3mims%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
.
It is also searchable on Google's calendar search as Central Iowa User
Groups.

Luke Amdor
-----

In the interest of full disclosure, I was at the Agile User Group
meeting the night we decided to do this.  If anyone has any questions,
feel free to ask me here or off list.  However, let me state up front
that no one wants to change anything about how the LUG currently works.
All this means for us as a group is that one meeting night, we try to be
even more open than usual and invite folks from other user groups to our
meeting.  This meeting will likely be a more general "intro-level"
meeting about Linux, but we tend to have one of those once a year
anyway.  At this time, we're thinking about doing this on May 20th, so
there's plenty of time to think about it.

If you're interested in more general technology/business issues, feel
free to join the Google group.  If you're only interested in Linux,
nothing should change for you.

Let me know if there are any questions,

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net