[Cialug] Old^H^H^H Ancient Hardware

Anthony Jeffries ajeffri at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 17:01:13 CDT 2008

I hate to say it, but I just gave all of my old DEC stuff to the recycler
this summer. I couldn't help you anyway...it was all Alphastations.

However, in my search to find out just which box you were talking about, I
found this page:
http://www.ph.biu.ac.il/~rapaport/computers/index.html

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Josh More
<morej at alliancetechnologies.net>wrote:

> So, we've got a DEC Alpha 4100 that just lost it's CPU fan.
>
> 1) Would anyone on this list happen to have a 12-49995-01 kicking
> around?
>
> 2) Would anyone on this list happen to have a processor card or three
> that are compatible with the Alpha 4100?
>
> 3) Would anyone on this list happen to have an old VAX or Alpha laying
> about doing nothing buy causing your spouse/SO to complain every time
> they see it?
>
> 4) Would anyone on this list care to prove these guys wrong (
> http://64.223.189.234/node/640 ) by virtualizing OpenVMS in VMWare
> or Xen?
>
> 5) Would anyone on this list like to make fun of me for making this
> request shortly after extolling the virtues of legacy gaming systems on
> Linux?  :)
>

> -Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
>  morej at alliancetechnologies.net
>  515-245-7701