[Cialug] Mandriva 2009 release

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Thu Oct 9 10:31:37 CDT 2008

Mandriva 2009 has been released today, including the new KDE 4.1... you
can get either the "Mandriva One" live CD, or the "Free" edition here:

http://www.mandriva.com/en/download/

They have other editions (that you may have to pay for), like PowerPack
and Enterprise editions, that includes things like Cedega (the pretty
version of Wine).

I've been running the Beta and RC versions on my laptop & a desktop for
over a month now, it's been working really well. Give it a try... might
show you that there's other good modern Linux distributions out there
besides Ubuntu. :)

-dc