[Cialug] AMD's Spin Off

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Thu Oct 9 08:45:51 CDT 2008

Yes it is. I was a big Garfield fan when i was younger, and to this day
whenever i hear of Abu Dhabi my first thought is of Garfield packing
Nermal into a box to be sent there.

What benefit will AMD get from this? All i know is that their
manufacturing is quite expensive, but design is not so much. Does
anyone think AMD is eventually just going to outsource production to
the lowest bidder? I mean, once production is a separate company, there
is no reason to continue doing business with them exclusively or even
at all.