[Cialug] Dell's Ubuntu Netbook

Tim Champion timchampion at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:09:26 CDT 2008

Tony - That is incorrect.  It is truly a apples-to-apples comparison.

the mini 9 with XP, 512MB & 8gb ssd costs $399
The mini 9 with Ubuntu, 512MB & 8gb ssd costs $359 ($40 less)

xp+1GB+16GB ssd = $449
Ubuntu+ 1gb+16GB ssd= $409 ($40 less)

Additionally, there is a cheaper Ubuntu option at $349 that has 512MB of RAM
& 4GB SSD.  There is no XP option with the 4gb ssd.

Tim Champion
timchampion at gmail.com