[Cialug] linksys wireless router

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Mon Oct 6 15:57:55 CDT 2008

I purchased few months ago linksys wireless router WRT54G.
wireless modem 2WIRE doesn't work well with T61p+Linux and I had to turn
wireless off and use it as a modem only.

though, this morning it just stopped. suddenly. I can't see the SSID on
network list but can access to it's setup page (192.168.1.2). I powered
off and on several times but it doesn't help. I reset it - still the same.

I called Linksys support and they DO support if I pay $9/year?!?!? I
told them it's still under warranty but they still ask for "support free"?!?

They started charge for support from august this year.

Any thoughts how to fix the router?

Thanks.

Afan