[Cialug] Dell Latitude On

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Oct 3 17:31:39 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM, David Champion <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:
> This looks pretty cool... a laptop with an integrated TI-OMAP processor &
> "instant on" linux based (MontaVista) OS.
>
> http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2560585344.html

I can tell you that boot time is a topic of major discussion currently
among the engineers and developers at Canonical. Expect to see things
improve at least for Ubuntu and probably for all the distros that use
upstart.

But personally, I never shut my computer down. Even when I take my
computer with me I usually just close the lid to suspend it. I don't
know that I'd benefit so much from a fast boot time.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode