[Cialug] resolvconf - good, bad or ugly?

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Mon Nov 24 17:36:27 CST 2008

Yeah... I'm well versed in editing it manually... it's just when you
reboot, it gets clobbered by the resolveconf script (and maybe when you
do other things like "service network restart"?). My first clue should
have been the comment at the top that says:

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

I added this comment to /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head:
# add DNS1=xx.xx.xx.xx in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

I've seen conf files with those kinds of comments before, but they
weren't really serious about it... :)

-dc