[Cialug] Linux Work - Debian

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Nov 17 13:16:36 CST 2008

On Monday November 17 2008 12:36, Josh More wrote:
>This whole 8bit text thing should never have been allowed through.
>7bit email was fine when I started, it should be fine now.  *grumble
>grumble grumble*.  :)

Or we should have just started out with 8-bit to begin with.  :)

Writing authentic Japanese (as opposed to the rōmaji bastardization) to
my fiancée in us-ascii would be non-trivial. I'm sure other people can
think of other reasons for needing 8-bit, that's just the one that
comes to mind first for me.