[Cialug] opinions on free software Ghost alternatives?

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:29:33 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:49 PM,  <ewenix at raccoon.com> wrote:
> I'd use either Clonezilla or UBCD which has acronis true image.

I'm in the middle of trying Clonezilla (seemed fancy, supported ssh,
and has documentation), but it's spooking me a little.

During the boot process, the output kept halting.  The first time I
didn't realize it was halted.  I pressed the shift key experimentally,
and another line of output appeared.  I had to periodically keep
coming back to the machine and pressing shift to get it to continue to
boot.

I don't think it was just showing me delayed output from the boot,
because holding shift didn't just fly through all the output to the
end.  It would get to its next stage of device probing (or whatever)
and take nonzero time while it did its thing.

Any idea what would cause this?  (In general with Linux, I mean.)

- Nathan