[Cialug] Webcams

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Nov 13 12:39:54 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm considering buying a Logitech QuickCam Connect webcam to be used
> in Linux.  It uses a "UVC" driver, which apparently makes webcams as
> simple to use as a USB thumb drive.  I see good support for Logitech
> on the Linux UVC driver page: http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/ , but it
> does not specifically list the QuickCam Connect.  Surely it's okay.

I have a logitech camera that works great, though I'm not sure what
model it is. It was not very costly. See attached image. when I run
dmesg after plugging it in I see mention of zc0301 image processor and
control chip, pas202bcb image sensor and snd-usb-audio (for the built
in microphone).

It was advertised as a laptop or to attach to an LCD but it had a
little stand that made it work mounted on a monitor.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode