[Cialug] irc proxy

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Nov 5 15:16:58 CST 2008

Thanks for the help guys, irssi as a proxy seems a bit limited, though
that was indeed the type of thing I was looking for. I checked out
miau which had promise because it was nearly the same as my daughter's
name. However there were no packages for it. I did get some good
search words from their site and after more googling found "bip" which
appears to be perfect. I'm using it now.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Josh More
<morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> Ah, I did not interpret it that way, I thought irssi's proxy was for
> irssi only.
>
> Yes, you answered the question.  Sorry for disparaging you.  :)
>

> -Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
>  morej at alliancetechnologies.net
>  515-245-7701

> Sorry perhaps I was not clear in my second email where I tried to point
> out that irssi itself has a function to behave
> like as a persistent irc proxy that you may connect to with any client.
> I believe this fits his specified needs.

Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode