[Cialug] Gmail archiving and firefox reading as text/plain

Colin Burnett cmlburnett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:09:37 CST 2008

Two questions I think are simple so I'll just do one email instead of two.

1) I'd like to archive my gmail email locally and I know there's lots
of options out there, what do you use?  I'm looking for something
cron'able (so no Thunderbird, etc.) and I don't really care about the
saving format so long as I can grep or whatever if gmail dies on me.
If it's just a POP solution then I guess it's not a gmail-specific
question.  Does fetchmail pretty much answer this question?

2) In the "saving a step in rdns lookups" thread, Jeff attached a
python script and that reminded me:  is there a way to get Firefox to
show that file as just plaintext (in browser) instead of forcing me to
another application?

Colin