[Cialug] irc proxy

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Nov 4 16:26:33 CST 2008

I use pidgin as an ICQ client on my home desktop machine. I leave the
program open 24/7 and just set my status to "away" when i'm not at the
computer or not interested in chatting. I'm guessing you've already
thought of that and rejected it, but if not that may be an option. (I
can think of numerous reasons why that might not work: computer is a
laptop that isn't always connected, or you turn the computer off at
night, or you're on dial-up but have a remote server online 24/7,
or...)