[Cialug] Stupid Software; Feature Don't Work!

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Fri May 30 11:12:17 CDT 2008

I feel your pain.

I *think* the workaround for your Outlook issue is to delete the offline cache and have it rebuild itself.

BTW, have you ever looked at the Gimp, Inkscape, Audacity, or Tex?  Not exactly a hand-holding experience.

I think bad software (and I'm not saying the software above is bad) or a tough learning curve is easier to put up with when the software is free.  It is the difference in philosophy: FOSS: "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" and commercial+proprietary: "I paid for this pile of crap, it had better work".  Glass half full/glass half empty+pockets completely empty.

-Nate