[Cialug] tornado-proofing your data?

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at mchsi.com
Wed May 28 18:57:42 CDT 2008

If you are serious about using a liftruck battery look into the
Exide/Enersys Loadhog series, stay away from the sealed gel cell batteries.
The Loadhog batteries are more money but last longer than Deka and some
other cheaper batteries. The company that I used to work for use to have
clow valve for a customer, they had some Loadhogs that were 14-15yrs old,
and that was in an electric forklifts.
The Enersys rep that I used to deal with at the time was planning his system
around 48v 1100ahr Loadhog(3800lb) battery. He figured about a 20yr life
span because it was for a stationary use and the battery wasn't being
bounced around.
-dh