[Cialug] tornado-proofing your data?

Thomas Kula kula at tproa.net
Tue May 27 11:59:47 CDT 2008

My home backup system is to have a copy of stuff in Ypsilanti
and a copy of stuff at my colo box in Troy, MI. If something
takes out two sites 30 miles apart, well, to paraphrase someone
else, that's a sign Goddess doesn't want me to have that data
and it's time to move on.

Really important stuff (which is relatively small) is send
to the VPS I have in Paris, France.

These are all a side-effect of the colocation stuff I use.
There are also a couple on-line storage offerings, Amazon
S3 is one, rsync.net is another I've looked at and have
thought of trying. Other potential options there.

--
Thomas L. Kula | kula at tproa.net | http://kula.tproa.net/
Mathom House in Midtown, The People's Republic of Ames