[Cialug] OT: Twitter users?

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Mon May 19 14:13:54 CDT 2008

I have always thought of twitter as one of those things that "the
kids" do like myspace or social site du jour.

Recently, I was invited from an unexpected friend, so I broke down and
gave it a spin.  It's one of those things where it's hard to see the
value until you actually use it.  I've discovered a whole group of
technology minded folks in DSM that I wouldn't have otherwise known.

Also, now that I've been using it and looking at the APIs, I've been
brainstorming some interesting ideas for using the available
information (You can subscribe to ALL twitters for all people
delivered via jabber).

-Tom