[Cialug] Xfs for centos

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed May 14 15:47:08 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 3:39 PM, David Champion <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:
> I'm sticking with reiserfs, because it's bad-ass now.
>
>  What's the status of ext4?

It's close to being production-ready - if you know the super-secret
handshake you can use ext4 for your root partition in Fedora 9 (but
not the boot partition, grub doesn't grok ext4 yet).  I ran my work
desktop using ext4 for a while using a F9 alpha release before I
reformatted for other reasons.  I didn't lose any data yet that I
could directly attribute to ext4.  I think that the big problem right
now is that fsck doesn't understand ext4 yet...

Jeff