[Cialug] OT: flag pole repair

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:02:41 CDT 2008

Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> This is going to sound like the oddest problem, but I was wondering if
> anyone here knows anything about flag pole repair or knows someone who
> does it. The rope is broke and stuck at the top of the pole so the
> flag won't go up or down and the bottom of the flag is not tethered.

I would think that you might be able to get a local Boy Scout troop
interested in assisting. I recall being given "challenges" and "team
building exercises" which, in retrospect seem a lot like getting us to
solve difficult tasks for the adults and their friends. That and they
often gave us these suck things for cheap amusement and keep us busy for
a few hours -- "Here is a 2 foot x 2 foot piece of plywood. Let us know
when you have managed to fit the whole troop on it at once... oh and
um.. no talking."
Jeff