[Cialug] another phone

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 11:35:51 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:
> will bring it up to the same level. I'm not *quite* ready to own a cell
> phone though. The balance of annoyance versus utility hasn't quite
> tipped far enough for me yet.

Like with email, there's a rhythm you can adopt that will let you keep
your insanity.  In other words, don't always answer the phone, and
don't always call back right away.  And get text messaging.  People
can text me if they have some small bit of information for me but
don't have to actually talk to me.  That cuts down on phone calls.

And in fact, I turn the phone off sometimes.  People get the hint.

-todd