[Cialug] cell phones with wifi

Jerry Heiselman jerry.heiselman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 00:25:17 CDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:

> I haven't been able to successfully build webkit for GTK or test it
> outside of konq or safari. But there is a very impressive amount of
> effort being put into integrating it.

If you are interested in getting the webcore+gtk and you are using a deb
package-based system, you can follow the instructions found here (
http://phorolinux.com/how-to-install-epiphany-with-the-webkit-backend-on-ubuntu-710.html).
 The article links to binary packages for using epiphany+webkit.  I've
installed it on my Ubuntu 7.10 box and it's blazing fast.  There are plenty
of bugs though, so don't expect to use it as your primary browser.

--
Jerry