[Cialug] [OT] Private LAN connected to building WLAN for InternetConnectivity

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:01:01 CDT 2008

I've had good luck with DD-WRT attached to wireless, and a single client
wired into it. When I last bought hardware for it, I had to be careful
as some of the newer WRT54* devices were not supported by DD-WRT, or had
seriously nerfed hardware verses older hardware. Ironically, I looked on
eBay and found an auction with older, higher spec'd hardware for cheaper
-- the seller posted that it was a year old, and a few models
out-of-date, and I confirmed the hardware stats by asking for the first
few digits of the serial number.

I think I got a WRT54GS for ~$30.

YMMV,
Jeff