[Cialug] Happy Hardy Herron (beta) Day

Chris K. lister at kulish.com
Fri Mar 21 17:05:56 CDT 2008

Honestly, I've been staying away from the heathen debian distros.
Ubuntu anyway.  :P

At least until I see that the desktop distros can go on a laptop with no
fuss, no muss.
The last distro I tried, fedora core5 I think, still had a bunch of
hoops for getting wireless running.

Anyone know if the more recent distros like Unbuntu, Fedora, etc "just
work" for the most part?
All of my laptops are fairly recent with the Atheros (I think) wireless
chipsets.