[Cialug] Networking Question

Jerry Heiselman jerry.heiselman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 22:40:02 CDT 2008

Not knowing anything about Citadel, my first guess would be that the
VM is in a separate isolated network segment. I woul assume that your
primary network is 192.168.0 or 192.168.1. If that is the case, then
you should be able to enable a "bridging" mode in the options on the
VM server. This will allow the host OS to act as a router for the VM
and move traffic between the different network segments.

Like I said, though, I know nothing about Citadel, let alone the
default options or what your set up looks like. This is just a stab in
the dark.

On 3/16/08, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running a Citadel virtual machine, for testing purposes.  I just
> downloaded it and pressed "go" in VMware Server.  It's running now,
> and I can access it on the host at 192.168.2.4.  But I can't access it
> at that IP with any other computers in my home.
>
> What basic networking knowledge do I need to understand what's going
> on?  Is it because I have a router and not a switch?  Or...?
>
> -todd

Jerry