[Cialug] per user spam assassin rules

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Mar 7 15:06:37 CST 2008

Hi, I have a fear of some automated e-mails getting caught by
spamassassin and dropped. I'm reading through docs and am getting
stuck. Is there a way to create a special rule for an individual user
that will preventing blocking of e-mails that have a certain phrase in
the subject line?

I'm not even sure what file to put these rules in... I use
postfix/procmail/spamassassin. So would it go in .user_prefs?

I saw this example on the Internet, which I think will work, but I"m
not sure where it would go:

header LR_SUBJECT_NOBLOCK1   Subject =~ /^automated message/i
describe LR_SUBJECT_NOBLOCK1  Do not block automated messages
score LR_SUBJECT_NOBLOCK1     1

Also, I'm not sure what the score of 1 means... does that add 1 to the
spam score? If so, I'd want the opposite of that, right? Like -10000

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode