[Cialug] Mobile Internet

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Jun 4 14:19:34 CDT 2008

> In a few years we'll say, "remember when computers were so big that
> you had to set them on a desk all the time? Even portable computers
> were called 'laptops' because they were so big you had to set them on
> your lap to use them! To get on the net you had to be at home or a
> 'hotspot!'"

Last night I was telling my daughter how when I was little if somebody had a phone in their car (and it wasn't even cordless, it hung up on the console or something) that we thought they were millionaires.  Now anyone can have a phone in their car.

She just stared at me.

A lot like you are now.

Sorry, I had to share.