[Cialug] old laptop as file server

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 29 19:58:11 CDT 2008

I have an old Compaq pII 450 with a 300gb hdd running mandriva, samba and
ftp install server. Every thing that I need/want to keep gets dumped to it.
That way no matter what computer I'm using the house I have every thing in
one place where I can get to it.

It works great for mps/itunes, marginal for video.
-dh