[Cialug] IHDC: EdgeBCC

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:12:43 CDT 2008

August's meeting of the "Iowa Help Desk Chapter" will be held at a new
data center in Altoona called EdgeBCC.  The EdgeBCC website says:

"Located in the Midwest, the EdgeBCC offers companies located in
risk-prone areas the opportunity to leverage the stability of Central
Iowa to store critical data and host applications necessary for their
core business operations."

I don't know about you natives, but it strikes me as funny all the
ways that Iowa gets characterized, including by Iowans.  I guess
stability is a feature of Iowa.  But I can't imagine that it makes so
much of a difference from a data center located in, say, Los Angeles.
It's not like you can skimp on security because you're surrounded by
farmers.  Now, if they'd talked about differences in the political
landscape I could see it...

http://thinkhdi.com/chapters/ihdc/
http://www.edgebcc.com/

-todd