[Cialug] E-mail

Ken MacLeod ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us
Wed Jul 23 12:35:03 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Ken MacLeod <ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us> wrote:
> I've had my email domain for almost 20 years.  About three years ago I
> started forwarding my wife's and my email from my domain mail server
> to our gmail accounts and set up the gmail accounts to mark replies as
> coming from my domain.  It's been working great.

I forgot to mention earlier what my setup was, which was part of the
original question.

I'm using an unmanaged hosted VPS from tektonic.net.  I'm only running
email and light web serving through it so I've got a small plan they
don't even offer for new signups anymore.  I don't backup the server,
I push content from home and I have a script that can re-build the
host from a bare install.  I use dyndns.com (nee secondary.com) as my
"primary" DNS (they pull from my master DNS which otherwise isn't
public).  I still use sendmail because I'm more familiar with it.

  -- Ken