[Cialug] software freedom day

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Mon Jul 21 12:30:51 CDT 2008

promotion will be key, we only had one guy show up last year, and I
think only 2-3 the year before.  I will be kind of curious now that it's
not on UI-ISU day, we might get 4 people :)

I think if we do more education it will help too.  a lot of people
probably have no idea what we're even talking about or why they'd want
to attend.

I kind of think the openCD route is the way to go (as josh said), get
them hooked on firefox and OoO, then show them that they don't need
windows either.  SFD sent a mail promoting Document Freedom Day
(http://documentfreedom.org) which seems like it's going the same direction

-barry