[Cialug] the other cool new phone

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Jul 11 12:10:22 CDT 2008

Anyone had a hands on with the Samsung Instinct? It looks like it is
cheaper up front, cheaper per month, more full featured and unlike the
iPhone/ATT, we actually have 3G service here in central Iowa with
Sprint.

What drew my attention to it initially was that Sun and Sprint are
having a java developer contest to write software for the Instinct.
I'm intrigued by companies who make it easy to hack on their stuff.
http://developer.sprint.com/instinct/ (supposedly the details for the
contest are available July 16th... for now we know only Java and $25k
in prizes)

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode