[Cialug] For you MythTV lovers

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Thu Jul 10 16:27:46 CDT 2008

Jeff Chapin wrote:
> Kenneth Younger wrote:
>> http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2008/07/10/mythtv-community-eyeing-roku-netflix-player-box-after-gpl-code-release/

> I am buying one the second mythtv is running on it.
>
> Sure beats hacking an xbox (or owning an xbox, for that matter) and
> will most likely have a better community base, too.
>
> Jeff
Has anyone been using the MythTV UPnP / DLNA to serve content to an
Xbox360 or PS3? I've experimented with some DLNA servers streaming to
the PS3, and it works OK other than some lag issues I'm attributing to
my janky wireless setup (soon to be addressed).

What I heard early on was that streaming worked, but when selecting the
files, you saw the randomly(ish) generated filenames that MythTV
created, and not the episode names. Just wondering if that had been
addressed.

IMHO if you're already going to have a game console hooked up, I'd
rather use that as my front-end rather than having yet another box.

-dc