[Cialug] Telecom Immunity

Kenneth Younger kyounger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:59:29 CDT 2008

Sometimes the best intentioned efforts in government have long lasting
detrimental effects. Our founding fathers would have never stood for
this type of law being passed. They also would never have stood things
like the 17th amendment, or a program such as Social Security. It went
against their mindset for a minimalist federation-style government.
Coming up with new ideas is an amazing gift humans have been given,
but most of the time it is best left to the individuals, not
government, to figure out how to allocate resources to utilize those
ideas best. At that point people have a choice.

It's the ratcheting effect that gives us these things. The people who
ask for more government involvement in one area (usually beneficial to
them) will eventually see government involvement in another area (not
so beneficial to them).

As the late Ronald Regan said, "A government big enough to give you
all you want, is big enough to take it all away."

-Kenny