[Cialug] Which Distro is best?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Wed Jul 9 16:48:02 CDT 2008

On Wednesday July 9 2008 16:21, Morris Dovey wrote:
>Heh - my 'new' Linux box is a 200 MHz P2 that's been running (without
>ever a crash) for about 11 years now. Before that I was using an 8 MHz
>I80486. I don't think you're likely to have serious problems...

Wasn't the slowest 486 running at 25 MHz? 8 sounds a bit slow. How fast
did Intel go with the 486? I know the 66 MHz version was quite popular
for awhile. I seem to (vaguely) remember some late-model 486's at 75
and 100 MHz. AMD made a 486 running at 133 MHz (i still have one
running in a cardboard box as my firewall). I don't know about any
faster than that though.