[Cialug] git in structured environment

Lathrop Preston lathrop at prestonfam.org
Wed Jul 9 16:47:07 CDT 2008

I am sorry. I did not realize that I as being unclear in my comments.

To me a working copy is always checked out/updated from the repository, not
from multiple other locations

in other words
each user will perform commits to the repository as is normal. resolving any
conflicts that might arise at that time.
on the backup server there is a job that grabs the most recent revision of
any updated files right before the backup is performed

Some of this might be a difference in how git works compared to how other
source control systems (ie CVS, SVN, SourceSafe [shudder])
as I said in my first post I might have been missing something specific to
the situation.

Laith
(not feeling very pedantic)