[Cialug] git in structured environment

Colin Burnett cmlburnett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 11:05:43 CDT 2008

I'll jump straight to my question: any solutions for using git in a
structured environment?  git was intentionally designed to be
distributed (I believe this was Linus' #1 requirement) and it does
that well.  However, this means there are immediate problems when
wanting to use this in a structured environment (likewise trying to
CVS/SVN in a distributed manner) when you want a copy of all code on a
designated machine (notably for backup purposes).  That can surely be
achieved by pushing changes to the backup server but seems wide open
to forgetting to do so.

Does anyone use git in a structured environment or know/seen/read of
any solutions?

Colin